Basics of Business Entity Taxation Online Training – Oct. 25-29
Instructor-led sessions on Oct. 25, Oct. 27 and Oct. 29 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT
|Premium||Professional||Basic||Not a member|
|Training with e-book||$247||$247||$313||$329||
|Training with e-book
and print book
Check my membership level.
Preparing a business entity tax return requires knowledge in both tax law and its application. After you’ve learned tax law, you must learn how to apply it to the tax return. This course uses a unique hybrid learning approach to teach the application of tax law to the tax return.
During this training, you’ll learn a variety of business entity tax topics. We’ll also walk through the procedures to complete basic tax returns for partnerships, S corporations and C corporations. At the end of this session, we will review a case study to test your knowledge in which you decide what entity to use and complete the appropriate return.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the various entity structures
- Summarize basic bookkeeping procedures
- Differentiate between capital assets and expendable repairs
- Summarize the difference between MACRS, §179 and bonus depreciation
- Distinguish between taxable and nontaxable income, and deductible and nondeductible expenses
- Summarize the tax effects of forming partnerships, S corporations and C corporations
- Prepare basic partnership, S corporation and C corporation tax returns
Instructor-led sessions will occur Oct. 25, Oct. 27 and Oct. 29 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT. Instructor will answer questions during the session. Course ends with homework to complete a case study. After completion, you’ll be provided with a step-by-step solution based on the entity type selection.
View course outline
Instructor: Sheri Fronsee, CPA
The self-study portion of this online training includes the
Basics of Business Entity Taxation course with access to 12 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP. To earn CPE, you must complete a final examination.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.