Creating a Data Security Plan On-Demand Workshop
4 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP
Premium: $0 | Professional: $114 | Basic: $144 | Nonmember: $152
Locking down and securing your digital assets and information is no longer a suggestion; it is now a requirement. Is your firm in compliance? Do you have a properly set up and deployed security plan? We will be discussing both cybersecurity-related concerns as well as drafting a policy manual in a hands-on lab.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify basic terminology related to data security and how it applies to the tax preparation industry
- Analyze how the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act applies to virtual or remote firm operations
- Execute a plan to protect your client data
- Update and modify a security plan to account for virtual needs and risks
- Identify both hardware and software threats
- Migrate to online or in-person operations with confidence that your data is not at risk
- Speak confidently with a client about your firm's policies and procedures without compromising your confidential plan
This workshop includes the presentation slides and access to the workshop recording.
Presented by: Brad Messner, MBA, EA
Course Year: 2021
Duration: 4 Credit Hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of and experience with technology information security
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
|CPE Credits||Designation||Field of Study|
|IRS||4||AFSP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|IRS||4||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|CTEC||4||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
How to Earn CPE
To receive credit for this on-demand online workshop, you must make at least one attempt to answer each of the review questions included with the video. You also must successfully pass the course exam with a score of 70% or better.
The course and exam will expire one year from the date of purchase.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.