Taxation of Virtual Currency On-Demand Workshop
4 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP
On-demand available in late November
Premium: $0 | Professional: $114 | Basic: $144 | Nonmember: $152
Cryptocurrency, or virtual currency, is a digital representation of value currently used both as a medium of exchange and as an investment. Because the IRS considers virtual currency to be property, the tax implications of using and investing in virtual currency are considerable. This course will review the IRS guidance released to date and how to apply this guidance to your client’s virtual currency activities.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the original intent and brief history of virtual currency
- Analyze and apply IRS virtual currency regulations released to date
- Practice applying IRS regulations to virtual currency activities including: earning, mining, staking, buying, selling, trading, airdrops, forks, loaning and initial coin offerings/initial exchange offerings
- Define virtual currency common terms and acronyms
- Identify the unresolved tax issues of virtual currency taxation
- Apply best practices for your virtual currency clients
This workshop includes the presentation slides and access to the workshop recording.
Presented by: Amy Wall, EA, MBA
Course Year: 2021
Duration: 4 credit hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of and experience with income and capital gains taxation
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
|CPE Credits||Designation||Field of Study|
|IRS||4||AFSP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|IRS||4||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|CTEC||4||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
How to Earn CPE
To receive credit for this on-demand online workshop, you must make at least one attempt to answer each of the review questions included with the video. You also must successfully pass the course exam with a score of 70% or better.
The course and exam will expire one year from the date of purchase.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.