Texas Chapter Education
TX CPE on the Island
The TX Chapter Annual Meeting will be held during this event as well as the following education with Melinda Garvin, EA as the instructor:
- Dodge Double Trouble of the 1120S K-1 and Basis. Includes Form 7203's relationship to the basis worksheet.
- Partnerships: Filling in The Knowledge Gaps.
- Choose Wisely - MFS vs MFJ.
- Ethics, Circular 230, various penalties, due diligence and new office policies and procedures.
- Sharing Gig Economy includes rentals, when to use Schedule C or E, rideshare income and expenses and calculating Uber or Lyft vehicle expenses.
- 1099 rules, principal Form 1099, various penalties and compliance issues.
- Form 1099-K 2022 rules, how ARPA affects filing requirements and correct reporting.
- Taxpayers in Trouble - COD includes Forms 1099-A, 1099-C and 982.
- Is Your Office Audit Proof? Looks at hardware, software, backups, email, security systems, data management and developing a written security plan.
CPE: IRS 16
Date & Time:
October 3-4, 2022
Welcome Desk Opens: 7:30 a.m. CT
Education Oct. 3: 8:00 a.m. - 4:20 p.m. CT
Education Oct. 4: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CT
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
7010 Padre Blvd
South Padre Island, Texas 78597
Group Rate Code: NTP
Group Rate Booking Deadline: September 1, 2022
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island website.
Early pricing is available until September 1, 2022.
Registration includes breakfast and lunch on both days along with the Banquet Dinner on October 3, 2022. A guest meal can be purchased during registration for $50 and is only for the Banquet Dinner on Oct. 3, 2022.
Course materials will be emailed to attendees 24 hours prior to the event.
There will a free Meet and Greet on Sunday, October 2, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. in the main dining area. No food or beverage will be provided. Please RSVP Pamela Condra via
email if you are planning to attend this Meet and Greet.
Cancellations must be submitted to NATP by September 15, 2022.
|CPE Credits||Field of Study|
|13||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|1||Federal Tax Law Update|
All tax preparers are responsible to verify the number of credits they receive each year and the related state or federal reporting requirements to maintain their credentials.
|TX Winter Tax Updates||Dec. 2021||Houston|
|Texas Toes in the Sand||May 2021||Simulcast 3 locations|
|TX EA Study Class in Galveston||May 2021||Galveston|
|TX Annual Meeting||Dec. 2020||Webinar|
|TX Due Diligence for the COVID Office and Financing Available during COVID||Dec. 2020||Webinar|
|Texas Meet & Greet||Sept. 2019||Yolo's Mexican Grill|
|TX Regional Practitioner Meetings||July-Aug. 2019||7 locations|
|Texas Waves of CPE||May-June 2019||Galveston/Caribbean Cruise|
|Knowledge by the Riverwalk||San Antonio|
|Casualty Loss Training||Feb. 2018||Corpus Christi
|Casualty Loss Training||Jan. 2018||Houston|
|Spaced Out For Taxes||Oct. 2017||Houston|