Reporting Unique Form 1040 Transactions Self-Study
Let’s advance your tax preparation skills even further. This course takes you through the more unique items tax preparers may encounter, such as the foreign earned income exclusion, employee stock benefits (including incentive stock options (ISO), restricted stock units (RSU) and employee stock purchase plans (ESPP)), and installment sales. Additionally, the course will show the proper reporting for a publicly traded partnership (PTP) Schedule K-1, a claim of right, the sale of a life estate and like-kind exchanges. The ability to properly report these types of activities will increase your skills as a tax professional and add value for your clients.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the foreign earned income exclusion requirements
- Prepare Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income
- Explain and report ISOs, RSUs and ESPPs
- Summarize installment sale reporting
- Prepare Form 6252, Installment Sale Income
- Analyze and report a PTP Schedule K-1
- Identify, calculate and report a claim of right
- Summarize and report the sale of a life estate
- Identify the like-kind exchange requirements
- Prepare Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.