Preparing Form 1040-NR for Nonresident Aliens Self-Study
A U.S. tax return generally must be filed when nonresident aliens have U.S.-source income. As U.S. demographics continue to change, it’s critical tax professionals understand how to complete and file Form 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return. This course will help tax professionals determine if Form 1040-NR is required by explaining the differences between a resident alien and a nonresident alien, and determining the source of the income. It also provides a comprehensive example of the redesigned Form 1040-NR with the associated schedules, and tips for preparing the form.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze whether your client needs to file Form 1040-NR
- Differentiate between a resident alien and a nonresident alien
- Classify the source of income
- Identify income effectively connected with a U.S. trade or business
- Prepare Form 1040-NR, including Schedules A, NEC and OI
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.