Preparing C Corporation Returns Self-Study
This course is ideal for tax professionals who have never prepared Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return, or for those with limited experience. First, the text will walk through the basic formation and incorporation of a domestic C corporation. Next, there are line-by-line instructions on preparing the return along with explanations of the various types of income and expenses reported on the return. Lastly, there is a discussion on the tax treatment of various types of distributions from the C corporation to the shareholders.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the advantages and disadvantages of forming a C corporation
- Recognize if §351 applies at incorporation
- Select a tax year and accounting method
- Differentiate between taxable and non-taxable income and deductible and non-deductible expenses
- Identify when a corporation is eligible for the dividends-received-deduction
- Explain C corporation taxation
- Compute the shareholder’s stock basis
- Summarize the taxation of distributions
- Prepare a basic Form 1120, including Schedules J, L, M-1 and M-2
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.