Introduction to Schedule E Self-Study
Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss, is for reporting residential rental income and expenses, as well as pass-through items from S corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts. With this course, you’ll gain a basic understanding of Schedule E.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify passive loss limitations and exceptions
- Determine eligibility for the special $25,000 loss allowance
- Recognize who meets the qualifications of a real estate professional
- Summarize the treatment of current and suspended passive losses upon disposition of a passive activity
- Apply the vacation home rules
- Identify the type of activities reported on Schedule E
- Identify and report rental income and allowable rental expenses
- Determine the depreciable basis of property used in a rental activity
- Interpret the information provided on Schedule K-1 and enter the information appropriately on Schedule E
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.