Introduction to Tax Preparation Self-Study
If you are just starting out in the tax industry and need help preparing your first returns, this is the perfect solution. This course is great for those just starting their career and will cover the basics of tax with a step-by-step analysis of Form 1040 and certain accompanying schedules.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly identify a taxpayer’s filing requirements and filing status.
- Determine who is eligible to be claimed as a dependent.
- Correctly report different types of income and adjustments to income.
- Compare itemized deductions and the standard deduction.
- Distinguish nonrefundable from refundable income tax credits.
- Calculate an individual tax client’s federal income tax liability.
- Complete Form 1040, Schedule A, and Schedule B.
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.