Retirement Plans for Small Businesses Self Study
This course examines the different retirement plans available to clients with small businesses and the tax reporting of each type. You’ll learn how to help taxpayers determine the best option for them and their employees, including those that offer current tax savings vs. tax benefits at distribution, and plans that require employers to match contributions.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the features of SEPs, SIMPLE IRAs, and 401(k) plans.
- Calculate the maximum contribution for various types of retirement plans.
- Compute the deduction for various types of retirement plan contributions.
- Identify the employer’s responsibility for maintaining and funding retirement plans.
- Distinguish between the tax treatment of sole proprietors, partnerships, and corporations with regard to retirement plans.
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.