EA Exam Review Course - Part II: Business
This course will help you prepare for and pass Part II: Businesses of the Special Enrollment Examination (SEE) to earn your EA designation by reviewing and learning about business entities; business income, expenses, deductions, and credits; trust and estate tax returns; exempt organizations; retirement plans; and farmers. All references to the examination and this course are to the Internal Revenue Code as amended through Dec. 31, 2017, and is applicable for those taking the exam between May 1, 2018 and Feb. 28, 2019.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between different types of business structures to assist taxpayers in choosing a business entity.
- Categorize business income and business expenses for proper reporting.
- Calculate asset depreciation to account for wear and tear on assets.
- Distinguish items that affect basis in the entity from items that do not affect basis so to properly allow business losses.
- Analyze how tax requirements and limitations affect business tax planning.
- Evaluate business records to adhere to recommended recordkeeping procedures.
- Analyze trust documents to determine appropriate filing procedures.
- Describe provisions unique to farmers and other specialized taxpayers.
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.