Note: This course is also included in The Essential 1040.
Every year the rules of taxation change. From exemptions to credits to retirement plan contributions and everything in between, virtually nothing stays the same. This module presents a number of the inflation-indexed updates for preparing individuals’ 2017 tax returns. All of these items are summarized in one spot for easy reference throughout the upcoming tax season. In addition, the courts and IRS issue rulings and opinions on existing tax provisions that clarify tax law or change the interpretation of it altogether. This module summarizes the more significant new developments that are likely to affect taxpayers for the 2017 tax year, as well as new tax laws that have passed since the last update.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply inflation-adjusted amounts to 2017 individual tax returns.
- Identify expired tax provisions.
- Analyze new tax laws and provide some tax tips to clients.
- Apply the latest court and IRS rulings to taxpayers’ current situations.
- Analyze new developments and provide some tax tips to clients.
This course includes an e-book, exam questions and interactive review questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.