Introduction to Tax Preparation
If you’re interested in starting a career in tax prep, this is the course for you! You’ll learn the basics of tax with a step-by-step analysis of Form 1040 and certain accompanying schedules.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly identify a taxpayer’s filing requirements and filing status.
- Determine who is eligible to be claimed as a dependent.
- Correctly report different types of income and adjustments to income.
- Compare itemized deductions and the standard deduction.
- Distinguish nonrefundable from refundable income tax credits.
- Calculate an individual tax client’s federal income tax liability.
- Complete Forms 1040, Schedule A, and Schedule B.
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.