1040 Update Online Workshop
Understanding the yearly changes to the Form 1040 is essential to your success as a tax professional, which is why we’ve dedicated an entire course to learning the updates. This course will cover standard features of inflation-indexed updates you’ll need to understand to prepare your clients’ 2018 returns. It will also cover new head of household paid preparer due diligence, updated tax forms and schedules, the qualified business income (QBI) deduction and modifications to the net operating loss (NOL) rules. Finally, since 2018 was a big year for tax reform, you’ll learn all about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and its impact on preparing your clients’ 2018 returns.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze new tax laws and how it affects your clients.
- Recognize who qualifies as a dependent.
- Explain the rules for determining proper withholding on the revised Form W-4.
- Interpret the latest court decisions and IRS rulings.
- Apply inflation-adjusted amounts to 2019 individual tax returns.
- Identify extended and expired tax provisions.
This course includes an e-book, an online workshop recording, quick reference desk card and multi-page tax law quick reference guide with flowcharts.
Melinda Garvin, EA