EA Exam Review Course Part I: Individuals Online Workshop
Ready to take the next step in your career and earn your EA designation? This online workshop will help you prepare for and pass Part I: Individuals of the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE) exam. Part I covers individuals; individual income, deductions and credits; individual taxation; estate tax, gift tax, and FBAR.
All references to the examination and this course are to the Internal Revenue Code as amended through Dec. 31, 2017, and are applicable for those taking the exam between May 1, 2018, and Feb. 28, 2019.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess information from the prior year return to thoroughly report current year information.
- Identify criteria that require a taxpayer to file an income tax return to comply with federal law.
- Determine if an individual meets the definition of a qualifying child or a qualifying relative so the taxpayer can claim the person as a dependent.
- Identify items of reportable income and expenses for individual taxpayers.
- Calculate taxable income from retirement plan or IRA distributions to provide the taxpayer with maximum basis recovery.
- Differentiate between a refundable credit and a nonrefundable credit to provide the taxpayer with the minimum tax due.
- Categorize the sale or disposition of assets to properly classify and report gain or loss.
- Explain the tax consequences of gifting either cash or property.
- Identify the primary filing obligations concerning a deceased taxpayer.
- Recognize when reporting is required for foreign accounts.
This online workshop includes:
- Online workshop recording
- Study guides
- Interactive exercises and review questions
- Electronic flashcards
- Practice exams
Steve O'Rourke, EA