Tax Professionals’ Guide to Resolving IRS Tax Debt Online Workshop**
Join us for a full day on everything you need to know about adding representation for resolving IRS tax debts to your practice. This workshop will walk you through the process of resolving back-tax debts from start to finish.
Included are case studies and examples of IRS notices and forms, how to recognize the various IRS notices and what they mean, and how to determine the best option for resolving the back-tax issue. It will also include case studies to illustrate what practitioners can and cannot do to help their client resolve their worst tax problems and put their financial lives back together.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the IRS collection process.
- Explain the various notices that the IRS sends when taxes go unpaid.
- Understand the mechanics of the IRS collection tools.
- Identify when the IRS will release assets from its lien.
- Explain how tax levies work.
- Identify the opportunities to resolve a back-tax debt.
- Explain how the offer-in-compromise program works.
- Understand the assessment process for unpaid payroll taxes.
- Identify who may be deemed responsible for unpaid payroll taxes.
- Explain how the Trust Fund Recovery penalty works.
- Understand when the IRS may consider the failure to pay payroll taxes criminal.
- Identify when and how taxpayers can challenge a trust fund assessment.
Our instructor and researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This workshop also includes access to the recorded version.
Eric L. Green, ESQ.