Trusts Part 1 - Forming a Trust On-Demand Webinar
There are several different types of trusts and many different terms are used interchangeably when naming trusts. Sometimes the name of a trust can be deceiving when considering the taxation of the income of the trust. The trust document is the key to determining how the income of the trust will be taxed. We’ll also cover the filing requirements of a trust. You’ll learn how a simple trust differs from a complex trust, how income is reported by the trust and when it is beneficial to treat the trust income as a decedent’s estate income. This webinar will identify information you must gather and walk you through the completion of the income section of Form 1041 on Lines 1-9 using illustrations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of trusts
- Analyze the trust document and identify the type of trust
- Summarize the overall income tax consequences of the trust
- Assess when the §645 election to treat trust income as estate’s is allowed and beneficial
- Determine what income is reported on Form 1041 for a trust
- Determine the Form 1041 trust due date and filing requirements
This on-demand webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, recording of the webinar broadcast with review questions, and attendee top questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Jaye Tritz, EA, CFP®