Handling Retirement Plans for the Small Employer On-Demand Webinar
Providing a retirement package can be difficult for a small employer, but they can help attract and retain good employees. This course will provide insight into a variety of retirement packages small employers can offer their employees with minimal administrative burdens. Learn how to calculate the maximum contribution for the various plans, identify which employees are eligible for participation and identify the employer’s responsibility for properly funding the plan. We will also dive into contributions for the business owners, including shareholders, partners and sole proprietors.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the various retirement plans available to small employers including SEPs, SIMPLE and 401(k)s
- Calculate the maximum contribution for various types of retirement plans
- Compute the deduction for various types of retirement plan contributions
- Identify the employer’s responsibility for maintaining and funding retirement plans
- Distinguish between the tax treatment of sole proprietors, partnerships and corporations with regard to retirement plans
This on-demand webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, recording of the webinar broadcast with review questions, and attendee top questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Jake Linney, CPC, CPFA