Community Property - U.S. and Abroad On-Demand Webinar
Community property laws affect how income is reported. In this session, learn the history of community property, its application, its benefits and detriments. We’ll also review international community property laws and their impact on U.S. tax filing obligations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain why community property arises by operation of law
- Recognize that community property laws can help to protect the rights of spouses
- Distinguish between community and separate property
- Determine whether acquired property is subject to an applicable community property regime properly using the taxpayer’s domicile
- Summarize how to offer certain taxpayers relief from community property laws with the application of special allocation rules under §879
This on-demand webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, recording of the webinar broadcast with review questions, and attendee top questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Laura Strombom, EA, MBA, NTPI Fellow