U.S. Tax Issues for Immigrants & Aliens On-Demand Webinar
When individuals arrive in the U.S. and begin to look for work, they are confronted by an abundance of unique tax issues. This course will provide the practitioner with the tools necessary to serve an expanding clientele. Topics will include the determination of residency for federal tax purposes, elections to be treated as resident aliens, dual-status issues, tax treatment of income and expenses for non-resident aliens, tax credits, administrative issues and departure filing requirements.
This course is included in our Foreign Tax Day event. Receive a discount when you purchase the session bundle.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine residency under the green card and substantial presence tests
- Recognize and correctly report effectively connected income
- Determine a nonresident alien's U.S. filing requirements
- Make appropriate entries on Form 1040-NR
- Address issues specific to the NRA, including community property reporting, estate and gift tax rules, and state non-conformity
This on-demand webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, recording of the webinar broadcast with review questions, and attendee top questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Monica Haven, EA, JD