Help Your Clients Make Decisions About Stock Options
Reporting employee incentive stock options (ISOs), restricted stock units (RSUs), nonqualified stock options (NQSOs) and employee stock purchase plans (ESPPs) can be daunting. This webinar cuts through the alphabet soup and will look at the types of stock options employees can receive, how to determine the basis of those options and how to calculate their tax impact to the employee. This set of skills is invaluable to your clients. We’ll also review tax documents the employee should have received about stock options.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the various types of stock options
- Calculate the cost basis of stock and stock options
- Calculate income associated with the grant, vesting and exercise of employee stock options
- Determine if the taxable income is ordinary or capital gain income
- Compute required AMT adjustments where applicable
This on-demand webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, recording of the webinar broadcast with review questions, and attendee top questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Larry Zimbler, MST, EA