Selling a Publicly Traded Partnership Interest On-Demand Webinar
Investments in publicly traded partnerships (PTPs) are some of the more complex dispositions to report. In this webinar, you will learn how to navigate the Schedule K-1 packages provided by PTPs and interpret the sales schedule included in the package when reporting the sale. The webinar discusses where the responsibility for basis tracking lies and how to determine the character of the taxpayer’s gain or loss, as well as where to report the information on the taxpayer’s return.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze the Schedule K-1 package from a PTP
- Interpret the sales schedule when taxpayer sells a PTP interest
- Summarize the importance of basis tracking by taxpayer
- Calculate the ordinary and capital portion of taxpayer’s gain or loss
- Outline how to report ordinary and capital gain or loss upon disposition of PTP interest
This on-demand webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, recording of the webinar broadcast with review questions, and attendee top questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA, MPA