QBI Review On-Demand Webinar
After a year of applying the qualified business income (QBI) deduction under our belts, we have a better understanding of how it impacts our business clients. During this workshop we will briefly review the requirements for the deduction, summarize additional guidance provided by the IRS over the past few months including the safe harbor provisions for rental properties, and apply those concepts to case studies. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of the deduction’s benefits and limitations and be able to more accurately and effectively apply this deduction to your client’s 2019 returns.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline §199A deduction and how it works.
- Apply the threshold limits and how wages and qualified property impact the calculation.
- Identify basic taxpayer information necessary to complete an average taxpayer's Form 1040.
- Recommend when a client should or should not aggregate trade or businesses for purposes of §199A.
- Recognize the safe harbor requirements for rental activities.
This course includes a student handout and an online workshop recording.
Randy Lawshé, EA