Tax Implications of Retirement Distributions On-Demand Webinar
Most employers offer some form of retirement plan to which employees may contribute. Many taxpayers also make contributions to traditional or Roth IRA accounts each year. Whichever the retirement savings vehicle they choose, there comes a time when contributions must be withdrawn, which can be anything but simple.
This webinar will teach you to advise your clients of decisions based on their individual situations relating to the age at which they should withdraw, and the amount, along with tax implications of distributions and potential penalties for underwithdrawing. We’ll also review the rules that must be followed when a taxpayer inherits a retirement account.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between various retirement plans.
- Comprehend when taxpayers must take distributions from various retirement plans.
- Calculate how much the required minimum distribution must be.
- Summarize how to calculate, report, correct, and request a waiver for the penalty when a required minimum distribution is not taken.
- Identify the various distribution options for inherited retirement plans.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Jaye Tritz, EA, CFP®