Shared Economy On-Demand Webinar
The rise in popularity of shared economy services, such as Airbnb, Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, and other online platforms used to rent spare bedrooms, provide car rides, or connect and provide any number of other goods or services, has led tax preparers to inevitably have many questions regarding filing. In general, these types of services allow taxpayers the ability to use technology to generate revenue through the use of their homes, cars, or themselves. However, any revenue received translates to taxable income. This webinar reviews the proper tax reporting of revenues earned and expenses incurred while providing shared economy services.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly report income from shared economy businesses.
- Correctly report independent contractor income.
- Correctly report rental income versus vacation home income.
- Identify expenses related to shared economy income.
- Calculate vehicle expenses for shared economy businesses.
- Calculate home office expenses for shared economy businesses.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Randy Adams, EA