Year-End Information Reporting - 2018 Filing Season
Tax preparers unite—it’s time to file clients’ W-2s, 1099-MISCs, 941s, FUTA, and many other information forms or returns. Join us for our Year-End Information Reporting webinar for a review of what information documents need to be filed and the due dates for both the taxpayer and the IRS or Social Security Administration.
This webinar also reviews filing corrected forms, determining which box the amount on the 1099-MISC should go, the penalties for late filing information returns, and whether or not the forms can be paper filed or must be e-filed.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify information documents that will be filed for taxpayers.
- Correctly complete Form 1099-MISC for clients.
- Identify and correct incorrect information documents.Analyze and summarize any new tax laws and provide some tax tips to your clients.
- Identify due dates for information documents.Comply with expanded due diligence requirements for the child tax credit and American opportunity tax credit.
- Calculate penalties for late or missed filing of information documents.
- Correctly file information forms.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Jaye Tritz, EA, CFP®