EA Exam Review Course: Part I On-Demand Webinar
Earning your EA designation is a professional milestone that recognizes that you have demonstrated tax competence and have earned the right to represent all clients regarding federal tax matters. Ready to take the next step in your career? This online workshop is designed to help you prepare for and pass Part I: Individual Taxation of the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE). Part I covers individuals; individual income, deductions and credits; individual taxation; estate tax and gift tax. In this workshop, you’ll not only learn how to take the test and pass it, but also how to apply the concepts to your practice.
All references to the examination and this course are to the Internal Revenue Code as amended through December 31, 2016, and is applicable for those taking the exam between May 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018.
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Assess information from the prior year return to correctly report current year information.
- Identify criteria that require an individual to file an income tax return to comply with federal law.
- Determine if a person meets the definition of a qualifying child or a qualifying relative so the taxpayer can claim the person as a dependent.
- Identify items of reportable income and expenses for individual taxpayers.
- Calculate taxable income from retirement plan or IRA distributions to provide the taxpayer with maximum basis recovery.
- Differentiate between a refundable credit and a nonrefundable credit to provide the taxpayer with the minimum tax due.
- Categorize the sale or disposition of assets to properly classify and report gain or loss.
- Analyze the tax consequences of gifting either cash or property.
- Identify the primary filing obligations of a deceased taxpayer.
This online workshop includes:
- Online Workshop Recording
- Study Guides
- Interactive Exercises and Review Questions
- Electronic Flashcards
- Practice Exams
Steve O'Rourke, EA