Cost of Ignoring AMT
The cost of mishandling the alternative minimum tax (AMT) and its recordkeeping requirements is staggering, and your clients might not even realize it! Help protect your clients from unnecessary penalties by being able to recognize when they have to pay it. Your clients may not be concerned with the alternative minimum tax (AMT), but you can protect them by recognizing when they have to pay it. In this webinar, you will review the basics of AMT, as well as common pitfalls and consequences faced by clients with AMT.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe AMT.
- Identify AMT adjustment and preference items.
- Summarize the recordkeeping requirements for AMT.
- Describe the consequences of improper recordkeeping.
- Identify common AMT pitfalls.
- Apply common AMT situations to client scenarios.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Q&A transcript. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Larry Zimbler, MST, EA