The Essential 1040®
For 30 years NATP has been providing the best tax update in the country to prepare professionals for the coming tax season. This tradition of excellence will continue in 2016. This course covers the standard features of the inflation-indexed updates for preparing individuals’ 2016 tax returns, new tax laws applicable to 2016 and recent developments. This is combined with two hours of Ethics.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply inflation-adjusted amounts to 2016 individual tax returns.
- Identify expired tax provisions.
- Summarize new federal tax laws that have passed since 2015.
- Identify federal tax provisions first taking effect in 2016.
- Apply the latest court and IRS rulings to taxpayers’ current situations.
- Analyze new developments and provide some tax tips to clients.
- Summarize the Affordable Care Act provisions taking effect in 2016 and beyond.
- Analyze new tax laws and provide some tax tips to clients.
- Describe the current IRS hands-on initiative to improve the accuracy and quality of filed tax returns and to heighten awareness of preparer responsibilities.
- Explain the Circular 230 rules governing individuals eligible to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Identify the various penalties that can be assessed on a tax return preparer and how to avoid them.
- Explain due diligence requirements for earned income tax credit (EITC).
Includes e-book, tax season quick reference guide, tax season quick reference card, interactive review questions, audio recordings of workshop to review complex topics, electronic client action discussion sheet and prior 3 years e-books. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Cheryl Morse, EA