Preparing S Corporations
This course is for tax professionals adding the preparation of S corporation returns to their business, and for tax professionals simply looking to get up to speed on the most common areas of S corporation taxation. If you are one of these tax professionals, take this course to receive the knowledge necessary to accurately prepare Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation, and the schedules that accompany this form. This course guides you through the actual preparation of Form 1120S in an illustrative example starting with a trial balance.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- List the advantages or disadvantages of forming an S corporation.
- Identify businesses eligible to make the S election.
- Make an S election, including a late election.
- Choose a tax year and accounting method for an S corporation.
- Complete a basic Form 1120S, including Schedules K, K-1, L, M-1, and M-2.
- Identify income and expense items that differ for book and tax purposes.
- Determine amounts to pass-through and allocate to each shareholder.
- Identify separately-stated items.
- Summarize the §179 expense rules for S corporations.
Includes online workshop recording, PowerPoint presentation, interactive module, case studies and e-book. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Melinda Garvin, EA