Tax Reform Due Diligence Requirements On-Demand Webinar
Due diligence requirements are incredibly important to follow. We’re covering the four requirements and how they apply to the earned income tax credit, child tax credit/additional child tax credit/other dependent credit, American opportunity tax credit and Head of Household filing status. This webinar was recorded in January 2019; however, for preparation in 2020, the requirements are still the same, but the penalties have increased to $530 per credit.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the requirements for due diligence.
- Perform due diligence for clients claiming the Earned Income Credit.
- Perform due diligence for clients claiming the Child Tax Credit/Additional Child Tax Credit/Other Dependent Credit.
- Perform due diligence for clients claiming the American Opportunity Credit.
- Perform due diligence for clients filing using the Head of Household filing status.
- Identify taxpayer and preparer penalties for failure to perform due diligence.
This course includes:
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Kathryn Keane, EA