Tax Reform Due Diligence Requirements On-Demand Webinar
As a tax professional practicing in 2019, due diligence requirements are incredibly important to follow. We’re covering the four requirements and how they apply to the earned income tax credit, child tax credit/additional child tax credit/other dependent credit, American opportunity tax credit and Head of Household filing status. Failure to comply results in a preparer penalty of $520 per credit.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the requirements for due diligence.
- Perform due diligence for clients claiming the Earned Income Credit.
- Perform due diligence for clients claiming the Child Tax Credit/Additional Child Tax Credit/Other Dependent Credit.
- Perform due diligence for clients claiming the American Opportunity Credit.
- Perform due diligence for clients filing using the Head of Household filing status.
- Identify taxpayer and preparer penalties for failure to perform due diligence.
This course includes:
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Kathryn Keane, EA