Year-End Planning for Individuals Webinar
Taxpayers may be unaware that they can make some last-minute year-end tax planning adjustments to help lower their tax liability or even increase their refunds. This webinar reviews year-end tax planning tips for individual taxpayers such as effectively itemizing deductions, using the capital loss deduction, contributing to an employer retirement plan or an individual retirement account (IRA), and making health savings account (HSA) contributions if they are eligible. Additionally, we will discuss taxation of Social Security and tax benefits relating to the taxpayer’s dependents and when they are subject to change.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify year-end tax planning strategies available for your clients
- Explain the different tax impacts of Roth and traditional retirement plans contributions
- Summarize the tax impact of converting from a traditional to a Roth IRA
- Identify when dependents become eligible or ineligible for the related tax benefits
- Determine the maximum contributions allowed for HSAs and IRAs
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Kelly Lent-Paul, EA, CFP®