Introduction to Foreign Trusts Webinar
Foreign trust are different from domestic trusts. In this webinar, we will look at the classifications of foreign trusts and explain the purpose of filing Forms 3520, Annual Return To Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts, and 3520-A, Annual Return To Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts. Then we’ll compare how the U.S. taxation differs for domestic vs. foreign trusts, and discussing the contributions, distributions and loans from foreign trusts, along with the U.S. tax treatment of foreign gifts.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the classification of foreign trusts
- Explain the purpose for filing Forms 3520 and 3520-A
- Explain the U.S. tax treatment of foreign gifts
- Identify contributions, distributions and loans from foreign trusts
- Compare how U.S. taxation of a foreign trust differs from the U.S. taxation of a domestic trust
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Katrina Haynes, CPA