Determining Tax Treatment of Rental Property Webinar
This course will dive into tax reporting for Page 1 of the Schedule E, Supplemental Income and Loss. You’ll learn the difference between commercial and residential rentals, vacation home rules, the allocation of income and expenses with mixed-use property, qualified business income deduction (QBID) safe harbor rules, and finally how to report the income and expenses on the taxpayer’s tax return. There will be a comprehensive example on properly completing Schedule E, Page 1.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between commercial, residential (including Airbnb, VRBO and room rentals) and mixed-use rental property
- Calculate income and expenses from rental real estate including depreciation
- Summarize the vacation home rental rules
- Describe the requirements for QBID for rental real estate
- Prepare Schedule E, Page 1
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA, MPA