Charitable Giving Tax Strategies Webinar
The ways taxpayers contribute to charities and pass on wealth are varied and potentially confusing. These contributions also come with complicated tax limits, benefits and rules. Tax preparers should have a discussion with their clients to learn their goals to proactively help them maximize and time gifts for the best tax-saving opportunities. This webinar looks at several charitable giving tax options to give you, the tax preparer, a toolkit of strategies that increase your value to your clients.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the impact of recent tax law changes on charitable giving strategies
- Calculate basis of non-cash property donated
- Calculate IRA qualified charitable distributions
- Analyze the outcomes of creating a donor-advised fund versus bunching deductions
- Summarize the qualifications required for a conservation easement contribution
- Evaluate the tax benefits of a charitable lead trust versus its inverse charitable remainder trust
- Prepare Form 5227, Split-Interest Trust Information Return
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Jaye Tritz, EA, CFP®