Helping Clients Benefit from the New Meals & Entertainment Rules Webinar
Some of your clients may be in the business of wining-and-dining, which can be pretty costly. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changed the rules for claiming business meals and entertainment for your clients. Taxpayers used to be able to deduct up to 50% of the costs directly related to entertainment, but that changed under the TCJA. This webinar will help you navigate the new allowable deductions for your clients’ business meals and, in limited circumstances, determine when and where entertainment may still be deductible.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the exceptions to the disallowance rule for entertainment deductions
- Define requirements for claiming business meal deductions
- Differentiate between accountable plans and nonaccountable plans
- Summarize the requirements for accountable plans
- Identify substantiation requirements for deductibility of business meals
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
AJ Reynolds, EA