Requirements for Partnerships with Foreign Partners Webinar
In this global economy, an increasing number of foreign partners own interest in U.S. partnerships. In this webinar, you will learn about the mandatory withholding requirements on income of a foreign partner. We will also discuss what certification forms that the partnership needs from the foreign partner or entity, how to calculate income that is subject to withholding and how to comply with the filing requirements of various information returns with regard to withholding on foreign partners.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify information on Form W-8BEN, Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting
- Describe the partnership’s withholding requirements for foreign partners
- Complete applicable questions on Form 1065, Schedule B, when partnership has foreign partners
- Calculate the foreign partner’s income subject to withholding
- File Form 8805, Foreign Partner’s Information Statement of Section 1446 Withholding Tax
- File Form 8804, Annual Return for Partnership Withholding Tax (Section 1446)
- File Form 8813, Partnership Withholding Tax Payment Voucher (Section 1446)
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA, MPA