Selling a Publicly Traded Partnership Interest Webinar
Investments in publicly traded partnerships (PTPs) are some of the more complex dispositions to report. In this webinar, you will learn how to navigate the Schedule K-1 packages provided by PTPs and interpret the sales schedule included in the package when reporting the sale. The webinar discusses where the responsibility for basis tracking lies and how to determine the character of the taxpayer’s gain or loss, as well as where to report the information on the taxpayer’s return.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze the Schedule K-1 package from a PTP
- Interpret the sales schedule when taxpayer sells a PTP interest
- Summarize the importance of basis tracking by taxpayer
- Calculate the ordinary and capital portion of taxpayer’s gain or loss
- Outline how to report ordinary and capital gain or loss upon disposition of PTP interest
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA, MPA