Tax Reporting of Gig and Sharing Economy Income Webinar
The sharing and gig economy is rapidly evolving and changing how people commute, travel, rent, vacation and provide services using online platforms, including smartphone apps. These types of jobs also make for more employment opportunities among U.S. taxpayers as most are at-will involvement. It is not uncommon to see more than one gig listed as sources of income when you examine your clients’ financials. This webinar looks at several of these income sources and how to report them properly on the taxpayer’s tax return.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly report income from shared economy businesses
- Correctly report independent contractor income
- Correctly report rental income versus vacation home income
- Identify expenses related to shared economy businesses
- Calculate vehicle expenses for shared economy businesses
- Calculate home office expenses for shared economy businesses
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Cheryl Morse, EA