Tax Implications of Divorce Webinar
You may discover that your clients going through a divorce need a little extra attention when it comes time to prepare their tax return. Besides trying to determine whether payment is alimony or child support, you’ll need to know which taxpayer can claim an exemption for a child. You’ll also need to know if they still qualify for a Section 121 exclusion should one spouse move out. This webinar will address the issues your clients may face after a divorce has been finalized.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the filing status for divorced clients with and without dependent children.
- Identify which parent is the custodial parent.
- Summarize tax credits and benefits available to noncustodial and custodial parents.
- Describe tax treatment of property settlements of divorced clients.
- Determine if a payment is considered alimony.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Attendee Top Questions and access to the webinar recording.
Cheryl Morse, EA