Preparing Nonprofit Form 990 Webinar
Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax, can be a challenge due to its length and questions about an organization’s purpose and governance. However, properly completing Form 990 is critical to making sure the tax-exempt status is preserved and any potential issues are avoided. This webinar will teach you to accurately complete Form 990 to protect your client's tax-exempt status, to calculate functional expenses and to identify additional required schedules.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the reporting requirements for program service accomplishments.
- Identify the schedules required for Form 990 and Form 990T reporting for clients at the tax desk.
- Report statements of revenue for Form 990 and Form 990T taxpayers.
- Calculate functional expenses for Form 990 and Form 990T taxpayers.
- Prepare the balance sheet for Form 990 and Form 990T taxpayers.
- Complete Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.
- Complete Form 990T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Attendee Top Questions and access to the webinar recording.
Lawrence Zimbler, MST, EA