Reporting Investment Income for Individuals Webinar
Taxpayers have a variety of investment opportunities, but reporting and taxing the activity isn’t always straightforward. This webinar will teach you how to properly report investment activity reported on Consolidated Form 1099. You’ll also learn the differences between covered and non-covered securities and their reporting requirements. At the end, we’ll complete case studies to offer hands-on experience in outlining the treatment of investment income by preparing Form 8949 and Schedule D.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and summarize the reporting requirements for various components of a Consolidated Form 1099.
- Calculate capital gains and losses.
- Differentiate between short-term and long-term gains and losses.
- Distinguish between covered and noncovered securities.
- Review Form 8949 and Schedule D.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Attendee Top Questions and access to the webinar recording.
To Be Determined