Reducing Tax on the Sale of Real Estate
Many of your clients own real estate. Whether the real estate is in the form of investment, such as a rental, or a principal residence, real estate is an integral planning point for many taxpayers, requiring you, as their tax professional, to have a certain level of knowledge on the topic. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to advise clients who are getting ready to sell real estate and how to help them reduce the tax impact of the sale.
When taxpayers get ready to sell real estate, there may be substantial gain. The gain can push taxpayers into higher graduated tax rates. This is a golden opportunity for tax professionals to offer planning services to reduce the tax impact that the gain will bring. In this webinar, you’ll learn about techniques such as deduction bunching, installment sales, like-kind exchanges and other techniques in order to plan for clients selling real estate.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify gain associated with the sale of real estate.
- Differentiate between the treatments of sales of types of real estate.
- Describe and apply the benefits of deduction bunching.
- Describe and apply the benefits of installment sales.
- Describe and apply the benefits of like-kind exchanges.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Q&A transcript and access to the webinar recording.
Betty Stehman, CPA, CIA