HSA Contributions and Distributions
As high deductible health plans (HDHPs) become more and more commonplace, you’ll find an increase in clients opening health savings accounts (HSAs). There’s no question that your clients will have questions on these accounts—make sure you’re prepared to have answers. In this webinar, you will learn the basics of HDHPs and HSAs. You will learn about contributions, distributions and penalties associated with HSAs.
With there being such an increase in HSAs, to properly serve your clients, you need to understand when taxpayers are allowed to open an HSA, who can contribute, what they can contribute, how much can be taken out, what happens if they change employers—the list goes on. This webinar addresses these questions along with distribution strategies and the consequences of not following the rules.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the eligibility requirements for HSAs.
- Correctly calculate a client’s contribution limits.
- Identify qualified expenses.
- Outline the effects of changes of employment on HSAs.
- Describe the testing periods associated with HSAs.
- Describe the penalties associated with HSAs.
- Correctly report contributions, distributions and adjustments related to HSAs.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Q&A transcript and access to the webinar recording.
Marilyn Meredith, EA