Tennessee Chapter Education
Tennessee Chapter Annual Meeting and Education Seminar
The Tennessee Chapter Annual Meeting will be held during this event as well as the following education:
- Tax Update identifies tax provisions that expired at the end of 2021 and clients who may have missed COVID related credits, recall tax new inflation-adjusted numbers for 2022 and a review of retirement account rules such as RMDs.
- Ethics will include Circular 230, Form 8867 and how to weigh substantial authority in order to justify a position when faced with a gray situation.
- Schedule E covers the rules for mixed-use rental property, the proper tax treatment of rentals and how Airbnb affects the rental industry from a tax perspective.
- Form 4797 discusses what is reported on Form 4797 including the sale of business assets and the dispostion of a S corporation or partnership interest; the ramifications of depreciation, recapture and unrecaptured; an analyzation of the sale of assets and which code section applies along with an illustration of the process for checking computer accuracy and areas of concern.
- Business Startups and Closures identifies financing options for new business startups; ways to reduce seller tax from the sale and some practical constraints that may change how the deal is done; how to advise on creating a new business without running afoul of unauthorized practice of law and recall the rules regarding worker classification as well as projecting a tax estimate for your client for their first year of business; how to distinguish between an asset sale and stock sale and how to prepare the final journal entries and tax return after an asset sale.
Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA, CAA, MPA will be presenting all topics. Genaro Cardaropoli has over nine years of experience in public accounting in both large and small firm settings. He currently owns his own practice where he grew his own clientele and purchased a book of business. Cardaropoli offers accounting, tax, and consulting services in Appleton, Wisconsin.
CPE: IRS 16
Date & Time:
September 22-23, 2022, both days
Welcome Desk: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. CT
Education: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT
Lane Agri Park Auditorium
315 John Rice Boulevard
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Lane Agri Park Auditorium website.
Early pricing is available until September 2, 2022.
Registration includes a meal. Guest meals are available for purchase at the time of registration for $35.
Cancellations must be submitted to NATP by September 6, 2022 and are subject to a $75 fee.
|CPE Credits||Field of Study|
|8||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|6||Federal Tax Law Update|
All tax preparers are responsible to verify the number of credits they receive each year and the related state or federal reporting requirements to maintain their credentials.
|2021 Chapter Annual Meeting||Sept. 2021||Murfreesboro|
|2020 Chapter Annual Meeting||Dec. 2020||Webinar|
|Annual Meeting||Sept. 2019||Counce|
| Become a TNTAP Expert
in One Hour or Less
| Annual conference ||Sept. 2018||Murfreesboro|
|Annual Seminar||Sept. 2017||Pigeon Forge|