Alabama Chapter Education
AL 2023 Spring Fling
This event will provide the following education:
- The basics of partnership taxation with a step-by-step completion of the partnership return and accompanying schedules. The session will finish with a comprehensive case study.
- Ethics and Practice Management will discuss best practices for any tax practice regarding protecting the firm and client data from a breach as well as data protection.
- K-1 Codes is an interactive workshop to describe the various K-1 codes, how to use them, and when they are or are not required for a tax return.
- 1099-K is an open discussion, during lunch, regarding the accurate reporting of Form 1099K as well as other topics brought to the discussion.
- ERC / 941-X is an interactive workshop to show how to determine whether or not someone is eligible for the ERC and how to claim the credit.
- Cryptocurrency provides the 1040 preparer the information needed to recognize crypto transactions and educate their clients on the reporting requriements.
Date & Time:
May 10-11, 2023
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Check-In: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. CT
Education: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT
Stone Lewis Scholarship Lunch and Auction 1:00 p.m. to ? CT
Thursday, May 11, 2023
Education: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach/Gulf Front
25518 Perdido Beach Blvd
Orange Beach, AL 36561
here to go to the Hotel's registration page.
To reserve via Hilton Honors by telephone: 1-800-HAMPTON
Hotel Group Code: PTA
Hotel Group Cut-Off Date: Sunday, April 9, 2023
Early pricing available until April 9, 2023.
Registration includes Wednesday's Stone Lewis Scholarship lunch and auction, Thursday's lunch and learn as well as E-materials which are provided by the Chapter and will be sent out as soon as possible. Bring notepads with you for taking notes.
A guest lunch for the Wednesday auction luncheon only is available for $25.
Cancellations must be submitted to NATP by May 9, 2023 and are subject to a $50 fee.
|CPE Credits||Field of Study|
|11||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|0||Federal Tax Law Update|
All tax preparers are responsible to verify the number of credits they receive each year and the related state or federal reporting requirements to maintain their credentials.
|2022 Alabama NATP Annual Meeting||Dec. 2022||Webinar|
|Working Through the S-Corporation Return||May 2022||Orange Beach|
|2022 Spring Fling||May 2022||Orange Beach|
|Study Session for AFSP Certification||Dec. 2021||Birmingham|
|2021 In Person Federal and State AL Tax Updates||Dec. 2021||Birmingham|
|2021 Spring Fling Conference and Annual Event Meeting||May 2021||Orange Beach|
|2020 In Person Federal and State AL Tax Updates||Dec. 2020||Birmingham|
|Study Session for AFSP Certification||Dec. 2020||Birmingham|
|2020 Spring Fling Conference & Annual Meeting||June 2020||Orange Beach|
|2019 Alabama Updates||Jan. 2020||Webinar|
|Study Session for AFSP Certification||Dec. 2019||Hoover|
|Fall Education & Annual Membership Seminar||Nov. 2019||Orange Beach|
|Preparing Alabama Business Privilege Returns||Oct. 2019||Webinar|
|Spring Fling Education||May 2019||Orange Beach|
|State Fiduciary Webinar||Jan. 2019||Webinar |
|Study Session for AFSP Certification||Dec. 2018||Hoover|
|2018 Spring Fling||May 2018||Orange Beach||