We are seeking an Experienced Tax Preparer/Enrolled Agent. We are a growing, stable local CPA firm in Los Lunas, NM. We are 40 mins South of Albuquerque. If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to work with diverse clients, simple to complex returns and an amazing company, please send your resume to email@example.com. We offer competitive wages, professional development and educational opportunites and a supportive, excellence-driven work environment.
Leigh Van Gilst CPA & Associates, LLC is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Valencia, Socorro and Bernalillo counties in New Mexico. We are dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of accounting, tax and business needs.
Status: Full-time through tax season and additional hours for deadlines the balance of the year.
- Preparation of individual, business and trust tax returns
- Internal review of tax returns prepared by staff
- Compile, review and interpret financial statements
- Investigate and respond to IRS and NMTRD agency notices
- Perform work in compliance with internal processes
- Perform detailed and accurate work
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- 3-5 years of tax preparation experience
- EA designation preferred
- 2 year degree or related experience
- Well-rounded knowledge and current experience with tax preparation and accounting
- Expert working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Ultra Tax experience a plus
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to build client relationships and work as an integral part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain a current insurable driver’s license
Each team member should reflect the values of our company: Intelligence, character, integrity, togetherness, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.