This is your last chance to register for our seminar entitled "New Tax Strategies for Retirees" which will take place on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, at the APA Hotel in Iselin, New Jersey. This is a half-day seminar covering "Deductions and Credits, Taxable and Nontaxable Income and Planning Strategies for Retirees." Jean Millerchip, EA, will be our instructor. You can register on our Chapter Education page.
In January, we will hold three seminars which are now open for registration
- Famous NJ State Seminar - Saturday, Jan. 12, at the APA Hotel in Iselin, New Jersey.
- Keynote speaker: Mr. John Ficara, Acting Director of New Jersey Division of Taxation
- Topics: New Jersey tax updates for the 2019 tax season, New Jersey resident credit, new credits for 2018 tax season, requirements and changes to New Jersey property tax relief, how New Jersey is handling federal ACA changes in regards to state return preparation, the new law for all employers to accrue mandatory sick pay for all employees based on the number of hours worked, New York State Tax Updates and late-breaking federal updates.
- Presenters: Jacob Foy and his tax associates, John Baldino, and Kathryn Keane.
- Small Business Workshops instructed by Marilyn Ayers, CPA, and Sherri Diamond, EA
- Jan. 22 from 6-8 p.m. at the Totowa Public Library, 537 Totowa Road, Totowa, N.J. 07512.
- Jan. 24 from 6-8 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel, 815 RT 37 West, Toms River, N.J. 08755.
- Topics: Depreciation changes including bonus depreciation, Section 179 limits and Qualifying Property (QIP), Qualifying Business Income (QBI) deduction required information, a review of K-1 forms for Parnerships and S Corps to supply needed information to calculate maximum QBI, and NOL changes and the effect on our small business clients through case scenarios and group discussions.
As you know, our charities are very important to us. For all the January seminars, we will be having a "Cold Weather Gear" clothing drive. Please bring a pair of warm socks, mittens, gloves, hat, or scarf to the seminar and we will donate them to a local charity for those in need.
Also, don't forget our 30th Anniversary Cruise to Bermuda on May 18-23, 2019. Check out this flyer
with contact information to register for the cruise with David Diamond. The education on this cruise is not yet finalized but Kathryn Keane will be our instructor. More information on registering for the seminar on board will be coming, but don't wait to secure your cabin as they are going fast.