Virtual Tax Season Updates On-Demand
18 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP
This event will be available in early-December. Pre-order now and we'll contact you as soon as you can access! You'll receive instructor-led sessions and e-book to be completed on your own schedule.
Not a Member
Standard rate with print book
Not a Member
Check my membership level >
Not a member? Join now! >
Textbook add on
Prefer not to print the handouts? During registration, select the rate with book and we'll ship it to you! The price with the book above does not include shipping or tax. Premium level members receive free shipping. Books will only be shipped inside the continental United States. We cannot ship to P.O. box addresses.
Find out the latest tax law changes, guidance and forms from the CARES Act, SECURE Act and other COVID-19 related legislation with real-life examples. Taught by a team of instructors using job aids and hands-on learning tools, this event provides detailed, in-depth information on the most recent legislation and IRS updates essential to prepare and guide tax professionals through a challenging tax season. As a trusted partner for tax professionals, we will also include and interpret the most recent, up-to-the-minute legislative and IRS updates as they become available.
- Analyze new tax laws and developments, and how they affect your clients, including provisions from the SECURE and CARES Acts
- Comprehend PPP loan forgiveness rules and guidelines
- Interpret the latest court decisions and IRS rulings
- Apply inflation-adjusted amounts to 2020 individual tax returns
- Identify retroactive, extended and expired tax provisions
- Recognize a change in method of accounting versus an error
- Summarize some of the accounting method changes small business taxpayers can make under the TCJA
- Learn to file Form 3115 to claim missed depreciation
Instructors: Marie Young, EA / Les Marti, EA / Betty Stehman, CPA, CIA, CSA / Lawrence Zimbler, MST, EA / Randy Lawshé, EA, MBA / AJ Reynolds, EA
Prerequisites: Knowledge and experience with individual and business income tax
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
Field of Study|
|IRS||18||AFSP||Federal Tax Update|
|IRS||18||EA||Federal Tax Update|
|CTEC||18||CRTP||Federal Tax Update|
To earn CPE, you must make at least one attempt to answer each of the review questions included with the video. You also must successfully pass the course exam with a score of 70% or better. The course and exam will expire on Oct 31, 2021.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.