Options for Paying IRS Debt Self-Study
If a taxpayer is struggling to pay their tax debt, the IRS has streamlined options available to assist taxpayers with making installment payments and resolving balances owed. Being able to assist a delinquent taxpayer is a valuable service to offer your clients to help them get out of tax debt. This course helps you understand the IRS collection process, procedures, updates due to the IRS Taxpayer Relief Initiative and the rights a taxpayer has to settle a delinquent tax bill so you may more effectively serve your clients.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify when to use Form 2848 or Form 8821 to gain authorization and information
- Describe the IRS collection process and the procedures used by the IRS to collect delinquent taxes
- List the various alternatives a taxpayer can use to extend the time to pay delinquent taxes
- Identify when a taxpayer qualifies for a streamlined installment agreement
- Calculate an offer in compromise amount for an IRS tax liability
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.